If you love background techniques, this is one for you. It is beautiful when added to your cards.
FAUX MOTHER OF PEARL
- Neutral cardstock
- Frost White shimmer paint
- Plastic wrap
- Small dish for paint
- Light ink that coordinates with the cardstock,
- Paper towel
- Ink the small image and stamp off with the coordinating cardstock and stamp all over the cardstock.
- Pour a little of the shimmer paint in the dish and scrunch up the plastic wrap, dip into the ink, and dab around the stamped cardstock. Some areas need to be left open.
- Let this dry. You can speed up the drying by using the heat tool. Do not hold the tool close to the ink.
- When dry, apply the light ink by sponging randomly around the cardstock.
- Decorate as desired.
This is so easy to do and can be done in any color. All you need is the color of cardstock you want and the matching ink. That is the wonderful thing about Stampin'Up cardstock and inks. Every color of cardstock has a matching ink! So, how easy is that to have Faux Mother of Pearl in any color you want.
Check the beautiful selection of inks, cardstock, markers, and even Designer Series papers in your favorite colors in the Stampin'Up catalog. If you do not have a catalog click on the catalog button on the right and you can view those now. If you need a catalog, go to my Stampin'Up website and send me your information.
Happy Stamping, Joyce