Hooked on You Gift Card Holder
Arrgh, what’s better than candy for Halloween? A gift card from an octopus dressed as a pirate for Halloween! Whip up this envelope punch board gift card for your favorite trick or treaters.
Sea of Textures Stamp Set
Swirly Bird Stamp Set
Under the Sea Framelits
Blackberry Bliss cardstock, 11 x 4 ¼, scored on the long side at 2”, 7 ¼” and 7 3/8”
Blackberry Bliss cardstock, 6 ½” x 3 ¾”, scored on the long side at 1 ¾” and 6”
Rich Razzleberry cardstock, 3 ¾” x 2 ¾”, 3 ¾” x 1 ½”
Scrap of Whisper White cardstock
Scrap of Basic Black cardstock
Scrap of Galvanized Metallic paper
Granny Apple Green Classic Ink Pad
Memento Black Ink Pad
Black 3/8” Glittered Organdy Ribbon
½” Circle Punch
Envelope Punch Board
Tear N Tape
You can find these items located in my Stampin'Up store by clicking on Shop Now
- Cut and score cardstock as listed above.Using the 11 x 4 ¼” piece of Blackberry Bliss, insert the large flap end at the 1” mark on the Envelope Punch Board and punch. Flip and repeat.
- Using the 6 ½” x 3 ¾” piece of Blackberry Bliss, z-fold on score lines. Insert the small flap at the 1” mark on the Envelope Punch Board and punch. Flip and repeat.
- Apply glue dots on the corners of the small piece as shown below. Fold and adhere. Apply Tear N Tape on narrow flap as shown.
- Take the small pocket piece you just completed and line up the adhesive edge of the small flap to the top score line (7 3/8”). Fold the flap shut to adhere.
- Insert gift card in pocket. Apply Tear N Tape as shown. Fold up bottom flap and adhere.
- To decorate your gift card holder, ink up the ink spot stamp from Swirly Bird with Memento Black Ink and randomly stamp ink spots on both Rich Razzleberry pieces.
- Wrap a piece of Black 3/8” Glittered Organdy Ribbon horizontally around the small Rich Razzleberry piece as shown in the sample. Adhere piece to bottom front of holder.
- Ink up the Octopus stamp with Granny Apple Green ink and stamp on the Whisper White cardstock. Cut out with the matching framelit and Big Shot. Draw a pirate eye patch with the Journaling Pen on the octupus.
- Punch a circle from the Galvanized Metal Paper and the Basic Black cardstock. Use a post-it note to make a handle to hold the small circles, and punch again to make the hook shape and holder shape. Adhere hook together and adhere to the upraised tentacle.
- Adhere large Rich Razzleberry piece to the front of the holder. Adhere the pirate octopus to the front with Mini Dimensionals.