Fun and Easy Little Gift
This quick and easy small gift item is something that every woman can use. So often we would like to give a little gift to all our friends at work or in out social or religious groups. This is ideal for this type of giving. I made them for favors for out Mother/Daughter Dinner and they were really a hit. They are inexpensive to make and do not take hours and hours to make.
One of the great things about this little gift is that you can use items you probably already have in your stash! It's a great way to use up old Designer Series Paper (you can cut 8 of these from one sheet).
* Designer Series Paper ("DSP") -- any pattern (6" x 3")
Tools and Accessories
* Scoring Board and Stylus
* 3/4" Circle Punch
* Linen Thread
* Small Button
* Nail File
* Adhesive: Tear and Tape; Glue Dots
- Score lengthwise at 1" and 2", then turn sideways and score at 1/4".
- Use 3/4" Circle Punch to cut a half-circle at top of center panel.
- Working on back side of DSP, fold up at 1/4" score line. Apply Tear and Tape to the outside of the folded up section.
- Remove backing from Tear and Tape, and fold at 1" score line, adhering the bottom folded edge at the same time. Apply Tear and Tape to right edge of DSP.
- Remove backing from Tear and Tape and fold at 2" score line, securing both the bottom and the back of the nail file sleeve.
- Insert nail file (I found the purple one at Walgreens), and wrap Belly Band around sleeve, securing on the back with Tear and Tape.
- Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around Belly Band and tie in a bow on the front.
- Use a Glue Dot to add a small button from your stash (the one shown is a retired Stampin' Up! button). That's it! You're finished!
How quick and easy (and inexpensive!!!) was this?! Everyone who received one from me was delighted to receive such a cute and practical gift!